General Questions & Helpful Items
Which modes of transportation are available in the app?
- We have multiple modes of transportation available in the app. Including buses, trains, subway, bikes, scooters, Uber, Lyft and more! The available modes of transportation change from metro to metro and are dependent on what is available in the specific metro you are located in.
How do I use Real-Time?
- Real-Time can provide you with a better understanding of when your bus, train or another transit type is due to arrive at your stop. This information will be displayed in green and in select metros, you might even be able to see where your bus or train is on the map! Find more info. HERE on difference between Static & Real Time & more info. HERE for seeing your vehicle on the map!
Where can I find my closest stop?
- Simply click the Station Icon at the bottom of the app. And you will see stations that are close to you or in the metro you have the app. set to. If you would like to find a specific station, simply click in the search bar and type it in! Once you click on your stop you will see all relevant lines passing through the station and their expected arrival time. Find more info HERE
How can I find my line/route?
- Simply click the Lines Tab at the bottom of the app. HERE and you then can see relevant lines that you may have previously searched. If the Lines Tab is new to you, click on the search bar and search for your line! Once you click on the line, you can click on the relevant stop for you and get the full schedule for that day. Just be sure that the stop you clicked is headed in the right direction (see change direction in blue)!
How do I get the updates about the lines I use?
- After locating your Line in the Lines Tab of the app and clicking on your line, you can click the favorite button at the bottom. You will then receive updates & relevant information about the lines you have marked as your favorite(s).
How do I know when to get off?
- After clicking on a suggested route or a specific line/route at the stop you are at, you may have clicked start to begin your journey. Before you have boarded your bus, train, etc you can set your destination and after boarding, you can get relevant updates that will let you know when to deboard the bus, train, etc. at the relevant station and/or destination.
How do I plan a trip in the future?
- After you have set your starting point and destination on the main screen in the relevant metro, you can click on the Depart Now button, which will allow you to Set your Departure Time. Simply click on the Set your departure time and set the relevant date and departure time for your trip.
Can I see fares information?
- Fares information is presented in select metros. This information is based on the relevant agencies' fare information provided by the agency or provider.
Can I pay for my ride using moovit?
- Payments are available for specific metros, agencies & providers in the app. Always be sure before purchasing a ticket that you are purchasing your ticket(s) for the agency that you plan on riding or using for your transportation needs.
I want to see the route with less walking, even if it takes longer. Is it possible to configure?
- In the preferences tab before you plan a trip you can click on this tab and then click least walking. Then your preferences will be taken into account when providing you a suggested trip or route.
Is there an option to get an ads-free subscription?
- Yes, there is an ad-free option available for most metros in the app. available in the more menu of the app.
Answers to your concerns
I want to change the language in the app.
- Moovit’s App language is most often based on the language of your phone. Simply change the language of your phone under your device settings and Moovit will change too. In some cases, the map & info. Displayed will be in the local language.
Why do I see all the Real Time arrivals over 60 min from now?
- If you are seeing Real Time arrivals over 60 min from now, it could mean that the agency or provider is providing data updates on current or future trips to us. Find more info. HERE
Why did the bus pass by me without stopping at its designated stop in the app?
- Moovit provides data and information to users to the best of our ability. We are not a specific bus agency or the operator running the service; therefore, we do not control if a stop or relevant runs of different transit types are made by the agency or provider.
Why did the bus driver not accept my ticket that I paid for in the app?
- Moovit supports ticketing & payment validations for select agencies in many metros. Please be sure that the agency you are purchasing a ticket for in the app is the agency you intend on boarding.
I purchased a ticket or pass for the wrong agency - what can I do?
- Moovit is not the agency or provider collecting the funds from your ticket purchase; however, we can refer you to the agency or provider that does so you can contact them directly regarding any discrepancies.
The app tells me I have connectivity issues but I am connected to the internet - what should I do?
- First, be sure that you have the most updated version of the app. If you are still experiencing connection issues, try restarting your phone & then test the app. If this does not work, clear your cache/history & then the issue should be solved.
Why is my trip not returning results between destinations?
- The app. Includes specific boundaries where public transit is available to users. If you are not receiving a trip, it is possible that a public transit option is not available to you for the trip you have requested.